If you are keen to take low-carbs and yet you are tempted to take rice, then here is the cooking method with which you can reduce the carbs in rice. For this I use heavy bottom cooking pot with a lid that has holes in it; this lid can be locked with pot and hence the pot can even be kept tilted to drain out starch. You can also check similar rice cooking vessel here:
Cooking Time : 30 min
- Boiled rice – 300 g ( 1 and 1/2 cup)
- Water – 3 Litres
- Wash rice and keep aside.
- Bring water to a boil in a pot, add rice and cook rice for 20-25 minutes.
- Before turning off the stove, just check whether rice is properly cooked or not.
- Now lock the pot with its lid & then place it tilted on top of a vessel.
- Wait for few minutes until starch gets drained off completely.
- Transfer rice to a casserole.
- Serve hot starch-free rice.