If you are keen to take low-carbs and rice is your staple food, then here is the cooking method with which you can reduce the carbs in rice. For this I use heavy bottom cooking pot with a locking lid that has holes in it; when the pot is locked you can keep it tilted to drain out starch. You can also check similar rice cooking vessel here:
Cooking Time : 30 min
- Boiled rice (puzhungal arisi) – 300 g ( 1 and 1/2 cup)
- Water – 3 Litres
- Wash & soak rice.
- Heat a cooking pot with water and bring it to a boil in high flame.
- Add rice and cook rice until soft for about 20 minutes in medium flame.
- Before turning off the stove, just check whether rice is properly cooked or not.
- Now lock the pot with its lid & then place it tilted on top of a vessel.
- Wait for few minutes until starch gets drained off completely.
- Transfer rice to a casserole.
- Serve hot starch-free rice.