Coconut chutney is a popular accompaniment prepared in every South Indian household for idli, dosa, pongal, kichadi, vadai or bajji. Please check my restaurant style coconut chutney recipe as below:
Total Time Taken : 3 min
- Coconut pieces – 9 Nos. (each 1 inch)
- Green chillies – 2 Nos.
- Roasted Bengal gram (pottu kadalai) – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Scrape off brown skin of coconut pieces using peeler.
- In a mixer-grinder jar add green chillies, coconut, fried grams and salt.
- Grind them without adding water for 15 sec.
- Add 10 ml water and grind into a smooth paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with tempering.
- You can use red chillies also in coconut chutney and leave fried grams; if you are using red chillies no need to make sambar.
- If you want chutney to be more spicier, add more chillies along with little tamarind.
- You can also add shallot & garlic or just any one of them.
- You can add ginger to make it refreshing.