Mushroom Pepper Fry is a healthy flavorful dish that can be served with rice or roti, or it can be stuffed into dosa or sandwiches. Mushrooms are rich in protein that are very much required for children. It goes well with rice and sambar, rasam, or morkuzhambu. This dish can be prepared quickly & easily.
Cooking Time: 10 min
Serves : 2
- Mushrooms (kaalaan)- 200 g
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Onion (eriya vengayam) – 1 No
- Curry leaves (karivepilai) – 1 sprig
- Freshly Crushed Peppercorns (poditha milagu) – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Wash mushrooms under running water.
- Chop mushrooms & onion and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, add curry leaves & onions and saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped mushrooms and saute till they become completely dry.
- Add salt, crushed pepper and blend them well.
- Now mushroom pepper fry is ready to serve.
Wash mushrooms under running water; do not wash them in a bowl of water as mushrooms absorb water.
Use fresh mushrooms only; do not keep them refrigerated for long time.