A colorful carrot-peas poriyal is so irresistible that even kids can not say “no” to this dish and your family never get bored with this. Vitamin A from carrots, protein in fresh peas, fiber from carrots & peas add more nutritional values to this poriyal. Taking carrot everyday is good for our eyes as we are spending most of our time with mobile phones and other devices.
Cooking Time: 10 min
Serves : 2
- Carrot – 1 large
- Peas – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Green chilli – 1 No.
- Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Cumins – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Wash & cut carrot into small cubes.
- Chop onion finely.
- Peel off peas, add to carrot cubes and microwave for 4 min.
- Grind coconut & chilli coarsely without adding water.
- Heat a pan with oil, add cumins, curry leaves & onions and saute for a min in medium flame.
- Add carrot & peas followed by salt and saute for 30 sec.
- Mix ground coconut evenly with carrot.
- Carrot-peas poriyal is ready to serve.
- You can use shallots instead of onion.
- If you dont want to microwave the vegetables, just steam them.