Potato masala is a simple side dish prepared almost in every household in India. It can be stuffed between breads to make a sandwich, or stuffed into South Indian dosa or North Indian paratha, or used as an accompaniment for roti, poori & rice varieties like curd rice, tomato rice, etc. by incorporating small variations. Since kids like potatoes in any form, we can serve them all the items mentioned above.
Now the recipe for potato masala that can be served as an accompaniment for poori.
Cooking Time: 35 min
Serves : 4
- Potatoes – 4 Nos.
- Onion – 2 Nos.
- Green chillies – 4 Nos.
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pressure cook potatoes (simmer for 8 min after bringing to high pressure).
- Slice onion into strips & slit green chillies.
- Heat a pan with oil, add curry leaves, onion strips & slit green chillies.
- Saute in medium flame until onions become translucent.
- Add turmeric and saute for 5 sec.
- Add mashed potatoes & salt and mix them evenly.
- Add water to get required consistency & cook for a min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves & serve with roti or poori.
- For stuffing in dosa, paratha, or sandwich : You may use red chilli powder instead of green chillies, coriander leaves instead of curry leaves, chopped onion instead of sliced onion.
- As a side for rice varieties : You may add ginger along with green chillies & garnish with mustard tempering.