Greengram (Paasi payaru) sundal is a healthy snack that can be packed for your kids. This can also be served to people of all ages for the following reasons:
- Easily digestible compared to other legumes.
- Good source of protein & fibre.
- Low glycemic index and hence one may not feel hungry for quite longer.
Cooking Time: 30 min
Serves : 2
- Whole greengram (paasi payaru) – 1 cup (200 g)
- Mustard seeds (kadugu) – 1/2 tsp
- Red chillies (milagai vatral) – 2 Nos.
- Curry leaves (karivepilai)- 2 sprigs
- Coconut gratings (thengai thuruval) – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Pressure cook greengram (simmer for 10 min after bringing to high pressure).
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustards, when they spluttered add curry leaves & redchillies.
- Fry them in medium flame for 30 sec.
- Add cooked greengram & salt and blend them together.
- Sprinkle coconut gratings before serving.
Please refer pictures below from top to bottom for cooking method.
Use the ratio of 1:2 (gram: water) for pressure cooking greengram. If you cook sundal with less water for more time, it will be cooked well and it wont turn mushy as well.