Cottage cheese (paneer) peas masala is a tantalizingly delicious Indian curry and it is my son’s favorite gravy as a side for rotis. Any dish with cottage cheese surely be liked by people of all ages. So try this colorful flavorsome gravy.
Cooking Time: 20 min
Serves : 4
- Cottage Cheese (paneer)- 100 g
- Fresh Peas (pachai pattani) – 50 g
- Onions (vengayam) – 3 Nos
- Tomatoes (thakkali) – 2 Nos
- Red chillies (milagai vatral) – 5 Nos
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder (manjal thool) – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chop cottage cheese bar into small cubes.
- Chop onions & tomatoes finely.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil, fry red chillies & remove them from pan.
- Add chopped onions & saute till translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes & saute till they become mushy.
- Bring them to room temperature.
- In a mixer-grinder jar, first add redchillies & grind into a coarse powder.
- Then add sauteed onion & tomato, grind into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Microwave peas for 5 min (or steam them till they become soft) and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil.
- Stir fry cottage cheese cubes in medium flame until golden brown.
- Add cooked peas and turmeric powder and saute for 5 sec.
- Add onion-tomato paste, salt & garam masala and saute till they release nice aroma.
- Add enough water to get required consistency and bring them to a boil.
- Serve this delicious cottage cheese-peas masala with soft rotis.