Cottage cheese (paneer) peas masala is a tantalizingly delicious Indian curry and is my son’s favorite gravy. It can be served as a side for chapathi, roti or any rice (or pulao). Any dish with cottage cheese is surely liked by people of all ages. The recipe for paneer peas masala is as below:
Cooking Time: 20 min
Serves : 4
- Cottage Cheese (paneer)- 100 g
- Fresh Peas (pachai pattani) – 50 g
- Onions (vengayam) – 3 Nos
- Tomatoes (thakkali) – 2 Nos
- Red chillies (milagai vatral) – 5 Nos
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder (manjal thool) – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chop cottage cheese bar into small cubes.
- Chop onions & tomatoes finely.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil, fry red chillies & remove them from pan.
- Add chopped onions & saute till translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes & saute till they become mushy.
- Bring them to room temperature.
- In a mixer-grinder jar, first add redchillies & grind into a coarse powder.
- Then add sauteed onion & tomato, grind into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Microwave peas for 5 min (or steam them till they become soft) and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil.
- Stir fry cottage cheese cubes in medium flame until golden brown.
- Add cooked peas and turmeric powder and saute for 5 sec.
- Add onion-tomato paste, salt & garam masala and saute till they release nice aroma.
- Add enough water to get required consistency and bring them to a boil.
- Serve this delicious cottage cheese-peas masala with soft rotis.