We used to take ginger drink in an empty stomach especially on the day when we return to work after a long travel; it keeps us fresh & active throughout the day. It also helps in ease of digestion.
First we have to extract ginger juice before preparing Ginger Drink as below:
- Ginger – 250 g
- Water – 250 ml
- Peel & chop ginger and grind into a fine paste by adding 25 ml water.
- Pour remaining water into the jar & grind well.
- Strain ginger paste through a fine sieve.
- Store ginger juice in an air-tight container & refrigerate for a week.
Please Note: After straining ginger juice, you can store left over fiber also in an airtight container & refrigerate for a week, as it can be used for making spicy aromatic ginger tea.
Preparation Time: 2 min
- Ginger juice – 1 tbsp
- Water – 200 ml
- Unrefined caster sugar – 1 tbsp (or) sugar granules – 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon rind – 1 No.
- Add ginger juice into a glass of lukewarm water.
- Add sugar & stir well till it gets dissolved.
- Add few drops of lemon juice (optional).
- Garnish with lemon rind and serve.