Chinese Potato (siru kizhangu or koorka) fry is a tasty accompaniment for curd rice, sambar rice or any other rice varieties. It can also be taken with rotis or Indian breads. This is a good alternate for regular potato as it has medicinal properties as well.
Cooking Time: 20 min
- Chinese Potato (Siru kizhangu) – 500 g
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder (milagai podi) – 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder (manjal podi)- 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds (kadugu) – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Shallots (chinna vengayam)- 10 Nos.
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Wash chinese potatoes thoroughly till the soil is removed and pressure cook them (simmer for 5 min after bringing to high pressure).
- Peel their skins, chop them roughly & keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustards, when spluttered add curry leaves & chopped shallots.
- Saute till shallots become translucent.
- Add chilli powder & turmeric powder and fry for 5 sec.
- Add chopped chinese potatoes & salt and combine together in medium flame for 5 min.
- Now chinese potato fry is ready to serve.