Cucumber raitha or vellarikai thayir pachadi is the best way to include cucumber in our diet. It keeps our body cool & hydrated and is very useful when taken during summer. Health benefits of taking cucumbers are: it reduces risk of certain cancers, helps lower blood pressure, protects brain from neurological disorders and controls bad breath.
It can be served as a side for paratha, briyani, tomato rice or any other rice varieties.
Preparation Time: 5 min
- Cucumber (vellarikai) – 1 No.
- Yogurt (curd) – 1 cup (200 ml)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Freshly crushed pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
- Peel cucumber & chop finely.
- Whisk curd & salt till it becomes smooth.
- Add chopped cucumber and mix well.
- Garnish with crushed pepper & coriander leaves.
- Serve crunchy cucumber salad with rice or paratha.