Cucumber raitha or vellarikai thayir pachadi is the best way to include cucumber in our diet. It keeps our body cool & hydrated and hence can be taken often during summer. It can be served as a side for paratha, biryani, tomato rice or any other rice varieties.
Health benefits of cucumbers:
- It reduces risk of certain cancers.
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Protects brain from neurological disorders
- Controls bad breath.
Vellarikai thayir pachadi can be prepared quickly & easily.
Preparation Time: 5 min
- Cucumber (vellarikai) – 1 No.
- Yogurt (curd) – 1 cup (200 ml)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Freshly crushed pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
- Peel cucumber & chop finely.
- Whisk curd & salt till it becomes smooth.
- Add chopped cucumber and mix well.
- Garnish with crushed pepper & coriander leaves.
- Serve crunchy cucumber salad with rice or paratha.