Udaitha kadalai or pottu kadali thuvaiyal is a tasty healthy chutney. Roasted chickpeas (Bengal grams) are rich in protein and has low glycemic index; you can just take plain roasted bengal grams (1/4 cup) directly as mid-morning or evening snack, it makes you feel full for longer and hence helps in weight management also.
Preparation Time: 5 min
- Roasted Chickpeas (udaitha kadalai) – 1/3 cup
- Green chillies – 2 Nos.
- Garlic – 1 pod
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Grind green chillies & garlic coarsely without adding water.
- Add roasted chickpeas & salt to grind into a fine powder,
- Add 25 ml water and grind into a thick paste.
- Serve this chutney as a side for any rice varieties; it tastes best with curd rice, tamarind rice & lemon rice.