Udaitha kadalai (pottu kadalai) thuvaiyal is an easy to prepare thuvaiyal. It tastes divine when served with curd rice, puliyodarai (tamarind rice), lemon rice, or can be enjoyed by simply mixing with hot rice & sesame oil as well.
Roasted chickpeas (Bengal grams) are rich in protein and has low glycemic index; you can just take plain roasted bengal grams (1/4 cup) directly as mid-morning or evening snack, it makes you feel full for longer and hence helps in weight management also.
Preparation Time: 5 min
- Roasted Chickpeas (udaitha kadalai) – 1/3 cup
- Green chillies – 2 Nos.
- Garlic – 1 pod
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Grind green chillies & garlic coarsely without adding water.
- Add roasted chickpeas & salt to grind into a fine powder,
- Add 25 ml water and grind into a thick paste.
- Serve this chutney as a side for any variety rice.