Figs are rich in dietary fiber and help in lowering blood sugar & cholesterol. Figs contain more calcium than any other fruit, so they are good for bone health also. Usually fig juice is taken to improve bowel function and to prevent constipation. Serve this refreshing juice to kids and adults.
Time Taken: 10 min
Serves : 1
- Dried figs – 3 Nos.
- Golden caster sugar – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 300 ml
- Pistachios for garnishing
- Soak figs in hot water (25 ml) for half an hour or microwave them for 1 min.
- In a mixer-grinder jar add figs & sugar to grind into a fine paste.
- Grind again after adding 25 ml water.
- Blend well after adding remaining water.
- Strain fig juice through a fine sieve.
- Serve chilled in a glass after garnishing with pistachios.
- If you are using sugar granules instead of caster sugar, reduce the quantity by half.
- It is always better to take juice without straining as it retains insoluble fiber.