Fig juice is the best way to include figs in our diet. As figs contain more calcium than any other fruit, they are good for bone health. Figs also help in lowering blood sugar & cholesterol. Figs are rich in dietary fiber, so fig juice may be served often to kids & oldies to improve their bowel function and also to prevent constipation.
Time Taken: 10 min
Serves : 1
- Dried figs – 3 Nos.
- Golden caster sugar – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 300 ml
- Pistachios for garnishing
- Soak figs in hot water (25 ml) for half an hour or microwave them for 1 min.
- In a mixer-grinder jar add figs & sugar to grind into a fine paste.
- Grind again after adding 25 ml water.
- Blend well after adding remaining water.
- Strain fig juice through a fine sieve.
- Serve chilled in a glass after garnishing with pistachios.
- If you are using sugar granules instead of caster sugar, reduce the quantity by half.
- It is always better to take juice without straining as it retains insoluble fiber.