Fig juice is the best way to include nutrients rich figs in our diet. Fig juice can be served to people of all ages.
Health Benefits: As figs contain more calcium than any other fruit, they are good for our teeth & bone health which is particularly needed for women and old people’s health. Figs also help in lowering blood sugar & cholesterol. Figs are rich in dietary fiber, so fig juice may be taken regularly to improve bowel function and to prevent constipation.
Now the recipe for fig juice:
Time Taken: 10 min
Serves : 1
- Dried figs – 3 Nos.
- Golden caster sugar – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Water – 300 ml
- Pistachios for garnishing
- Soak figs in hot water (25 ml) for half an hour or microwave them for 1 min.
- In a mixer-grinder jar add figs & sugar to grind into a fine paste.
- Grind again after adding 25 ml water.
- Blend well after adding remaining water.
- Strain fig juice through a fine sieve.
- Serve chilled in a glass after garnishing with pistachios.
- If you are using sugar granules instead of caster sugar, reduce the quantity by half.
- It is always better to take juice without straining as it retains insoluble fiber.