Creamy green peas masala is a rich flavorful Indian curry surely liked by kids. This delicious masala is very good for growing children; protein from peas helps in growth, shallots give immunity & iron-rich coriander leaves prevent anemia.
Creamy green peas masala can be served as a side for roti, puri, aapam, idiappam, idli or dosa.
Time Taken : 20 min
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Aniseed (annasi poo)- 1 No
- Bay leaf (brinji ilai) – 1 No
- Shallots (chinna vengayam) – 10 Nos
- Fresh green peas (pachchai pattani) – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves (kothamalli) – 1/4 cup
- Green chillies – 2 Nos.
- Ginger (inji) – 1 inch
- Milk – 1/2 cup (100 ml)
- Cashew nuts (mundhri paruppu) – 10 Nos.
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Boil fresh peas till they become soft or microwave for 5-7 min.
- Slice shallots, chop coriander leaves & keep them aside.
- Grind green chillies & ginger into a paste by adding little water.
- Grind cashew nuts into a fine paste by adding little water.
- Heat a pan with oil, fry bay leaves & aniseed for 5 sec in low flame.
- Add shallots and saute in medium flame till they become translucent.
- Add chilli paste & saute till oil separates.
- Add boiled peas & chopped coriander leaves and saute for 30 sec.
- Add milk followed by cashew paste.
- Add salt and cook for a min.
- Remove bay leaf & aniseed before serving.
- This gravy will become thick in room temperature, so add milk (and/or water) generously.
- If you are calorie conscious you can replace cashew paste with roasted bengal grams & coconut gratings (1 tbsp each) paste.