This is the lunch I prepare mostly on Saturdays. It can be prepared easily within an hour, if you plan in advance and make all ingredients available. Everybody will surely enjoy this lovely lunch especially kids.
I feel tiffin sambar goes well with citrus rice also; vazhaipoo vadai & pottukadalai thuvaiyal taste delicious with citrus rice & curd rice; peppery mormilagai goes well with curd rice and crunchy javvarisi vatral or sago crackers surely liked by children. You can also try this easy meal for your family at the weekend!
Cooking Method: Please click on the images at the end for recipes of citrus rice, curd rice, tiffin sambar, banana flower vadai and pottukadalai thuvaiyal.
- First we need to pressure cook rice for citrus rice, curd rice & lentils for sambar in 3 separate containers. (Please note that for citrus rice add water in 1: 2 ratio & 1:3 for curd rice.)
- Meanwhile we can prepare vazhaipoo vadai. Javvarisi vatral & mor-milagai can also be deep fried in the same oil. (Max time taken for step 1 & 2 : 35-40 min)
- Next we can make pottukadalai thuvaiyal in a jiffy. (2 min)
- By now pressure will be released from the pressure cooker and we can prepare citrus rice, curd rice & sambar in 15 minutes.
- Now wonderful weekend lunch is ready to serve.