Bread Pizza is a simple healthy delicious pizza that can be made easily at home. You can surprise your children when they return home by serving flavorful warm Bread Pizzas topped with crunchy veggies & stringy cheese. It helps to relieve their stress and motivates them to do their after-school work happily. Try & see for yourself today !
Time Taken: 20 min.
- Bread slices – 4 Nos.
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Onion – 1 No.
- Chopped bell pepper – 1 cup
- Mushrooms – 10 Nos.
- Corn Kernels (steamed) – 1/4 cup
- Mint leaves – 3 sprigs
- Tomato sauce – 4 tsp
- Cheddar cheese cubes – 4 Nos (100 g)
- Chop onion, mushrooms & bell peppers into small cubes.
- Chop mint leaves finely.
- Heat a pan with olive oil in medium flame, add chopped onion and saute till they become translucent.
- Add chopped bell peppers & mushroom and saute until just before they become soft.
- Add corn kernels & mint leaves and stir fry for 10 sec.
- Remove from flame and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg with the tall wire rack kept inside.
- Meanwhile cut off the crusts from bread slices and spread a teaspoon of tomato sauce on each slice using the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle grated cheese (2 cubes) followed by sauteed veggies on top of each bread slice.
- Finally sprinkle remaining grated cheese before transferring bread slices to an oven-safe plate.
- Keep the plate on tall wire rack and bake for 10 min or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot flavorful bread pizzas after transferring to a serving plate.
- You can replace olive oil with any neutral vegetable oil.
- You can also add paneer (cottage cheese) cubes, black olives, etc.
- I have used mint leaves instead of basil leaves; mint also releases nice aroma.
- I have used red & green capsicum, you can add yellow capsicum also; but I have used corn for adding yellow color.
- Do not saute capsicum longer as they turn soft.
- You can use mozzarella cheese instead of cheddar cheese.
- I prefer to bake pizza in low heat for longer time; if you want you can bake at 210 deg for 5-7 min.
- I dont add salt & chilli flakes, even without them it tastes delicious.
- You can even prepare bread pizza using griddle pan in medium flame instead of oven.