Restaurant style Green Chutney can be prepared easily at home with mint leaves or coriander leaves. Pleasant green chutney with burst of flavors will surely make anyone salivate. This chutney is a great appetizer and hence useful for kids or sick people who refuse to take food. It is heavenly if you serve this green chutney along with red chutney (tomato chutney), white chutney (coconut chutney) and sambar as sides for hot idlis, or dosa.
Preparation Time: 5 min
- Coconut pieces – 8 Nos (2″ each)
- Green Chillies – 4 Nos (I have used very hot chillies – 2 Nos)
- Mint leaves (or Coriander leaves) – a handful
- Roasted chickpeas (udaitha kadalai) – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut oil – half a tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Heat a pan with oil, add mint leaves or coriander leaves.
- Add turmeric powder and saute for 30 sec. in medium flame.
- Remove from heat & keep aside.
- In a mixer-grinder jar add coconut pieces, green chillies, roasted grams and grind without adding water.
- Add sauteed mint or coriander leaves & salt and grind into a fine paste after adding water.
- Transfer green chutney to a serving bowl and garnish with tempering.
You may also find below the green chutney made of coriander leaves :
- Adding turmeric powder while sauteing mint (or coriander) enhances its green color, so don’t omit this.
- If you want stronger flavor add more mint or coriander leaves.
- It is preferred to do the tempering here for the burst of flavor.