As fruit bearing season of mango is nearing an end my mother sent me a last batch of organic mangoes that were plucked from the trees grown in her backyard.
After devouring sweet mangoes to our hearts’ content, I decided to bake a cake with remaining mangoes.
I have also baked a batch of cupcakes for my son as he likes to have them frosted with mango cream.
Now lets get into the recipe for eggless mango cake :
- Whole wheat flour – 1½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Golden caster sugar – ¾ cup
- Mango puree – 1½ cup (I used 2 mangoes)
- Neutral oil – ½ cup
For mango frosting:
- Golden caster sugar – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter at room temperature – ½ cup
- Mango puree – ¼ cup
- Vanilla Extract – ½ tsp
Mixing dry ingredients:
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cardamom and keep it aside.
- Mix caster sugar with mango puree using whisker until dissolved.
- Add neutral oil & flour and fold them in.
- This cake batter can be used for making cup cakes also.
First I have baked six cupcakes followed by another cake with rest of the batter as shown below:
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C
- Spoon the batter into muffin liners lined up in a muffin tray.
- I do not want to smooth down the top as my son likes to have thick crusts on top.
- Bake them at 180 deg C for 25 min.
- Grease a 5″ cake dish and pour remaining batter into it.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 40 min..
- Cream together butter & sugar until frothy (about 1 min) using electric beater.
- Add mango puree & vanilla extract and whisk together for a minute.
- Frost the cupcakes when they have cooled down.