Peas pulao is a delicious and aromatic rice dish and can be prepared in a jiffy.
Peas pulao can be served with any spicy vegetable gravy or dal and also be packed for children’s lunch.
Time taken : 15 min
Serves : 2
- Basmati rice – ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh peas – ¼ cup
- Ghee or any neutral oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Cardamom – 1 No.
- Red chilli – 2 Nos.
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash rice and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil (or ghee) and add cumin, cardamom & red chilli.
- Add washed rice and saute for 30 sec.
- Add fresh peas, water & salt and bring it to a boil.
- Close the pan and simmer until rice is cooked soft (approx 10 min).
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves before serving.
- Red chillies are added only for its aroma not for its heat, so no need to break them while frying.
- I find the flavour of red chillies very satisfying, but if you want you can sprinkle some white pepper powder.