Thanks for visiting my blog.
About me & this blog:
- I am Megala living in Chennai, India.
- When I became a mother I realized that the health of a family lies in the kitchen and then I started looking for healthy ingredients and healthy cooking practices.
- I blog here mainly to keep an archive of our family recipes and hence I post the recipes for the food that I like to serve to my family.
- Recipes posted here are influenced by my parents, relatives, neighbors and friends; my parents & relatives are basically from Tirunelveli, my childhood neighbors were from Chettinad and we have friends & neighbors from different parts of India.
- I feel we must be fully aware of what we eat and why we should eat them. Hence I provide nutrition details & health benefits of every recipe.
- All my recipes have measurement for all ingredients including salt, oil and water as they attribute taste and consistency of any food.
- All my recipes have step-by-step pictorial illustration, hence bachelors or even children can try them just by looking at the pictures; yet I recommend to read the recipe for some useful tips.
I thank my husband for his support & encouragement and my son for teaching me photography.
I also thank my mother who has been inspiring me to work harder and I dedicate this blog to my late father who used to gift me books on health & nutrition.
Stay connected with my blog for healthy traditional vegetarian recipes and share your thoughts as well.