I’m Megala, welcome to my kitchen.
About me & my recipes:
- I am living in Chennai, a southern metro city of India.
- My recipes are influenced by my parents, relatives and friends; my parents & parents-in-law all are natives of Tirunelveli, a southern town of Tamilnadu. Apparently you will find here authentic Tirunelveli vegetarian recipes like sodhi with inji pachadi, kootanchoru, thuvaram paruppu sadam, ulutham paruppu sadam, ulundhang kali, kummiyanam, etc.
- Although I enjoy trying my hand at global recipes, I derive immense satisfaction while cooking traditional food that my mother & grand mothers used to serve to us. So I landed here to keep an archive of our family recipes, and obviously you will find those recipes that I like to serve to my family.
- I have been learning to identify nutritious ingredients & healthy cooking practices during my culinary journey. Here I share the knowledge acquired through few years of cooking experience so that even a novice can get benefited.
- My recipes are illustrated with step-by-step photos that can be easily followed by anyone; yet I recommend to read them for some useful tips.
- All my recipes quantify all ingredients including salt, oil and water as they are the key ingredients attributing taste and consistency of any food. Please note that I use salt little less than required; I prefer to season food with iodized salt before serving as it aids in better absorption of iodine.
- I feel it is imperative to understand what we eat & why we eat them because the health of a family lies in its kitchen. Hence you will find the links of reputed sites for nutrition details & health benefits along with recipes posted here.
- My recipes are published only in this virtual space and I am not hosting any YouTube channel.
I thank my husband for his support & encouragement and my son, who is pursuing photography as a hobby, for teaching me photography !
I also thank my mother, an avid-gardener, who produces her own organic vegetables & fruits and inspires me with her vast knowledge in cooking & gardening.
I dedicate this space to my late father who used to encourage us to take healthy food and gift us books on health & nutrition like these:
If you find my blog interesting & useful, stay connected here for healthy traditional vegetarian recipes !