Thanks for visiting my blog.
About me & this blog:
- I am Megala living in Chennai, India.
- I was not interested in cooking until I got married. When I realized that the health of our family lies in my kitchen, I started looking for healthy ingredients and healthy cooking practices.
- This blog is created mainly to keep an archive of our family recipes and hence I post recipes of the food that I serve usually to my family.
- Recipes posted here are influenced by my parents, relatives, neighbors and friends; my parents & relatives are basically from Tirunelveli, some of my childhood friends & neighbors were from chettinad and we also have friends from different parts of India.
- I feel we must be fully aware of what we eat and why we should eat them. Hence I provide nutrition details & health benefits of every recipe.
- All my recipes have measurement for all ingredients including salt, oil and water as they attribute taste and consistency of our food.
- All my recipes have step-by-step pictorial illustration, hence bachelors or even children can try them just by looking at the pictures; yet I recommend to read the recipe for some useful tips.
I thank my husband for his support & encouragement and my son for teaching me photography.
I also thank my mother who has been inspiring me to work harder and I dedicate this blog to my late father who used to gift me books on health & nutrition.
Here are some of the books gifted by him:
It is a wonderful book gifted by him when I was pregnant; I still refer this book for any health related information.
Stay connected with this blog for healthy traditional vegetarian recipes and share your thoughts as well.