Thanks for visiting my blog.
About me & my blog:
- I am Megala living in Chennai, India.
- When I begin to understand that the health of a family lies in its kitchen, I started my culinary journey towards identifying healthy ingredients & efficient cooking practices. In this journey I’ve also realized that it is imperative to have the ability to make good judgments on grains, herbs, spices, oil, etc. before making any experiment in kitchen.
- Although I like to learn & try new recipes around the world, I derive immense satisfaction while cooking traditional food that my mother & grand mothers used to serve us. So I landed here to keep an archive of our family recipes and eventually you will find such recipes that I would prefer to cook & serve to my family.
- My recipes are illustrated with step-by-step photos so that anyone can try them just by looking at those pictures; yet I recommend to read them for some useful tips.
- All my recipes quantify all ingredients including salt, oil and water as they are the key ingredients attributing taste and consistency of any food. Please note that I use salt little less than required; I prefer to season food with iodized salt before serving as it aids in better absorption of iodine.
- I reckon we have to be aware of what we eat & why we should eat them. So I include the links of reputed sites for nutrition details & health benefits.
- My recipes are influenced by my parents, relatives and friends; my parents & parents-in-law all are natives of Tirunelveli, a southern town of Tamilnadu in India. Apparently you will find authentic Tirunelveli vegetarian recipes like sodhi with inji pachadi, kootanchoru, thuvaram paruppu sadam, ulutham paruppu sadam, ulundhang kali, kummiyanam, etc. here.
- My recipes are published only in this blog space and I am not hosting any YouTube channel.
I thank my husband for his support & encouragement and my son, who is pursuing photography as a hobby, for teaching me photography !
I also thank my mother who is an avid-gardener, produces her own organic vegetables & fruits and inspires me with her vast knowledge in cooking & gardening.
I dedicate this blog to my late father who used to encourage us to take healthy food and gift us books on health & nutrition, some of those books that I find useful are:
If you find my blog interesting & useful, stay connected here for healthy traditional vegetarian recipes !